Legal advice

We haven’t lived with my wife for over a year. Where and how can you quickly get a divorce?

09.11.2022 Dmitrijs Sustovs, head of the Litigation department of the Law

The fastest way to get a divorce is at the notary by filing a mutual application.

A notary may dissolve a marriage if both spouses agree to the dissolution of the marriage and they do not have joint property or common minor children, or if the spouses have entered into a written agreement on the custody of a common minor child, the right to communicate, the child maintenance and the division of joint property.

The notary will dissolve the marriage no earlier than 30 days from the date of the submission of the application by the spouses, provided that none of the spouses withdraws their application within this period.

Recent News